Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2021

A Decade With Addison

Happy Birthday to my Addi girl, the one who made me a mom 10 years ago...
how the years have flown! I still remember what I was doing when I went into that loooong labor with you. (Making fruit pizza for a Forth of July party that evening) I just kept on working on that pizza, which turned out to be the best thing ever when, after 37 hours of labor, someone brought that untouched dessert to us in the hospital. Great recovery food;) 
I still remember putting you in the car for the first time, and I sat in the back seat with you as we drove away from Vanderbilt, and I cried my eyes out...happy tears...you were real and it was all so real and it sunk in that very moment that I was a mom, forever after. You were the baby I learned on: learned to swaddle, to nurse, to rock to sleep, to have patience through long sleepless nights of your colic. You were the toddler I learned on, and now the ten-year-old I'm still learning on. I've made so many mistakes, and will make so many more, of that I'm sure! But know that I love you with all my heart and always will, no matter what! I love seeing beautiful glimpses of who you're becoming. I love that you like to take walks with me and still hold my hand. I love helping you find great books at the library and adventuring with you on trails. I love watching you take care of Eden and look out for your sisters. You have boundless energy and great gifts of leadership and extreme organization...some of these get you into trouble right now, but you will learn to use them for God's glory and someday these gifts will serve you, and others, well. I pray this would be a year of growth in these areas, but most importantly, a year you grow closer to Jesus and know him more.
Happy Birthday!!





Favorite Color: Sky blue and French blue
Favorite Food: Carrots, Mexican food, apples, split pea soup, Brussels sprouts
Favorite Dessert: Apple pie
Favorite subject in school: Math and Language Arts and History
Favorite thing to do inside: Make forts, read, play games, play with my sisters, knit
Favorite things to do outside: play tag, climb trees, jump on the trampoline, push people on the swing
What do you hope for this year? To play basketball, go to the beach, and go to MT
What makes you happy? Knitting, mom, reading good books, watering house plants
Thing you learned last year: Not to go down big hills on rip sticks!
Favorite Book: Caddie Woodlawn, The Martha Series, American Girl books
Favorite Movie: The Greatest Showman; Parent Trap
Favorite time of year: Thanksgiving, Winter...as long as it isn't a super bad winter!
Favorite thing to do as a family: hiking, exploring new towns/cities together, eating ice cream in the back yard in the evening
Favorite Sport: Basketball, ice skating (watching)
I'm most excited to be 10 because....."I don't know why, I just am!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment