Pages

Monday, September 7, 2020

Izzie: 5 Years Old



Izzie, you're 5! Actually, you've been 5 for over a month now, but as usual, I'm quite late in posting this. First, here's what I have to say about you, and then we'll get to your "interview", my favorite part of birthdays!
You started out life as the family clown. You have always been hysterical, making us laugh like crazy, bringing so much joy to this house. You went through a phase from about 3 and a half to 4 and a half where you were still funny, but did NOT like to be laughed at. You would say and do funny things, but all of a sudden, we weren't allowed to laugh. You would cry and run away with your feelings hurt. Well, somewhere in the last year, you've made yet another turn (for which I'm thankful!), and while you do have a serious side, you've come to appreciate and recognize your funniness, and you laugh along with us. You are great fun! I always tell you, if I were a five-year-old, I would pick you to be my best friend. Not only are you funny, but you are so kind! You often tell me in the morning that you prayed before you got out of bed that Jesus would help you to be kind all day. You think so hard about things you can do to show kindness to your sisters and daddy and I. You are also so generous with your loving words! You sometimes come in from playing, just to give me a hug and tell me, "Mommy, I love you and you're the best mommy in the whole world." You're always saying the sweetest things and just pretty much melting hearts everywhere! You write poetry (in your little handmade poetry book you keep handy for whenever inspiration hits!), create entire villages out of ponytail holders and trash--not trash to you of course:) You talk and talk and talk, I guess because there is just so much exciting stuff in your mind all the time! You definitely love your life, and I am so thankful for that. 
Now, for your interview!


Favorite color: pink, purple, sparkly blue
Favorite food: baked potatoes 
Favorite dessert: muffins
Favorite book: You Go First
Favorite Holiday: Valentine's Day, because we get to to to the nursing home and take cards
Favorite TV show: You vs. Wild, Olivia the Pig
Favorite Bible story: Noah's Ark
Favorite thing to do: Go to the park
Best memory from being 4: Going to the park all the time
Most excited for 5: I get to do super fun things, like having peas from the garden!
Thing I want to learn about: Astronauts and space, even though I don't like astronauts and space

Well...I will do what I can to grow lots of peas and make more muffins and teach you about astronauts and space(??) I hope five years old is so much fun! I love you to the moon and back times a trillion;) Happy Birthday Izzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment