Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Brad Turns 30!!!



Brad turned 30 this past weekend! So we had a little par-tae!
I planned a surprise weekend for him at a house on Flathead Lake (courtesy of my parents friends), which was in the works for a full three months. I kept it a secret until three days before, when I accidentally slipped and mentioned it in conversation. Arrrrrg! However, part of the surprise was his parents flying in from TN, and that part was still a surprise, so all was not lost!
Now, being as I am a full four years older than Brad, and I've been waiting patiently for him to enter a new decade with me all this time, I had to give him a hard time all weekend, and made sure everyone else did too. My sister-in-law decorated the house with black balloons and black décor, and we pinned a big "I'm 30" button on his shirt, had black candles, etc. It was fantastic:)

I had two goals for the weekend: Make Brad feel loved and celebrated (and old); And make sure the girls had an unforgettably good time. I think it was successful. Plus Brad and I went on a long walk through the woods around the lake, and I drank coffee on the porch overlooking the lake, so I enjoyed myself too:)

The girls had tons of cousin time. They shared a room full of bunk beds: sleep on the bottom, play on the top is how it worked, I think. There was a giant rope swing outside, which got lots of use from kids and grown-ups alike, and we took kids down to the docks a few times. They made gingerbread houses, ornaments, played games, watched movies, and giggled way too much.

The grown-ups ate way too much. And stayed up way too late. And drank too much coffee.
It was swell.

Happy, happy birthday to my hubby! (who doesn't actually seem a day over 25, but shhhhh, don't tell him I said that!)










No comments:

Post a Comment